Thursday, February 4, 2010

My wife on the resurrection

This morning my wife, Robin is giving a short talk on the resurrection of Jesus to a group of women. I found it quite inspiring (o.k. I am biased) and so thought I would post it here:

Some people don’t believe in a literal resurrection because it’s a miracle, they can’t understand. It is out of the ordinary, unusual, supernatural, mysterious, and unexpected.

But that’s just it. We serve a living God that is unusual, supernatural, miraculous. God’s ways are not our ways, his thoughts are not our thoughts and everything he does does not have to make sense to us.

I want to serve a great big huge powerful God that is different than you or I. I don’t want to serve a little god that I can put in a box and confine to the rules of nature. In the resurrection God conquered death and paid our debt once for all. It’s a turning point in history.

Away from the everyday ordinary that often consumes, dulls and pacifies us. Resurrection power should invade our lives; but not just enhance our middle class dreams of a comfortable life. But rather with the power of the Holy Spirit working through us, tell others about this extraordinary God of ours that does not always make sense.

God loves us so much that he sent Jesus to conquer sin and death so that we might not fear the end of things we know and look forward to our own resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment