Saturday, November 12, 2011

Meticulous immorality

I enjoy reading "light" thrillers for relaxation, but find it hard to authors I like. I have read all the novels by my favourites: John Grisham, Federik Forsyth, and Christopher Reich. [I also like Dan Brown, provided one does not think about the veracity of any of the history or science!]
Hence, I have been looking for a new author and may have found one, Daniel Silva. I just finished The Rembrandt Affair. It had enough originality and surprises to keep my interest.

But, this is post is more about a fascinating thing highlighted in the book. During the Holocaust, the Nazi perpetrators kept meticulous records of what they were doing.  I am not sure what to make of this. It does show the propensity of humanity to perform incredible evil, to compartmentalise morality, to believe one will never be caught, ....

No comments:

Post a Comment