Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Keeping up with the news

Christians should be well-informed citizens and active participants in the democratic process (when they live in a democracy). The Bible instructs us to pray for governments and those in authority over us. Yet, I struggle to keep up with the news. I believe that Karl Barth would begin his mornings by reading the newspaper and listening to Mozart. He considered this excellent preparation for working on the Church Dogmatics!
My lovely wife Robin reads the New York Times online. But, I don't like reading stuff online.

However, I found a really nice solution, thanks to my friend, Keith Birchley. He recommended subscribing to The Week. It contains a nice summary of the events of the week, with extracts from major newspapers and websites from around the world. I really like it is so compact and manageable and it gives a range of perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment