Friday, September 29, 2023

Wisdom in Weakness (a sermon)

Last Sunday at Village Church in Brisbane I gave a sermon, entitled the Wisdom of Weakness. In the beginning I talk about some of my own encounters with weakness through my struggles with mental health. I then looks at some Bible passages from 1 and 2 Corinthians that discuss weakness, particularly in light of the Cross of Christ.

The video recording of the morning service is below. (Sorry that the sound quality is not brilliant).

Here is the text of the sermon (including some material I cut out for time reasons) The slides are here.


Some local context is that a goal of the sermon was to help set the stage and pique interest in a forthcoming course the church is running on Mental Health and Pastoral Care.

The sermon has some parallels to a talk I gave a few years ago at Theology on Tap and led to a chapter in the book, Pub Theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment